[osg-users] OpenGL 3.1 at GDC

hannes_b at gmx.at hannes_b at gmx.at
Tue Mar 24 16:33:17 PDT 2009

opengl is 2 years behind direct3d and direct3d is better. and now there is d3d10 and d3d11 will even be better and d3d9 already had instancing and opengl is now only a copy of d3d10 and more robust drivers is only a lie and they dont belive you because you are an opengl guy and dont know d3d...

but what did you write at http://www.skew-matrix.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2&sid=f8c13badb04333f7e064fbab1a17c7c2
The debate between D3D and OpenGL has gone on longer than any API war I’ve witnessed. I’m not going to delude myself into believing that this blog makes any significant difference in that debate.

;)