[osg-users] discontinuity in texture in VPB...

Tueller, Shayne R Civ USAF AFMC 519 SMXS/MXDEC Shayne.Tueller at HILL.af.mil
Tue Mar 24 10:56:40 PDT 2009

Robert,

Thanks for the update. You do great work...:)

I'll test here in the near future...

-Shayne

-----Original Message-----
From: osg-users-bounces at lists.openscenegraph.org
Osfield
Sent: Tuesday, March 24, 2009 11:47 AM
To: OpenSceneGraph Users
Subject: Re: [osg-users] discontinuity in texture in VPB...

Hi All,

I've been looking into the problems reported by Shayne right at the start of
this thread, and with a little help from Christophe's patch have pinpointed
the problem and resolved it by re-ordering the reprojection and destination
graph building to avoid the reproject from invalidating the internal quad
map that vpb::DataSet maintains internally.  This re-ordering solves the bug
without having to do an costly (in time) patching of the quadMap and is more
straight forward code was so will be easier to maintain thatn Christophe's
patch too.

In testing I also found that the svn/trunk version of GDAL's multi-threading
warp operation was generating black output images, so I've made use of the
single threaded version the default which fixes the black texture problem.

Could users who've seen this problem with VPB database check out the
svn/trunk version of VPB and see how you get on.

Cheers,
Robert