[osg-users] [Fwd: Mesa and gldirect]

Jean-Sébastien Guay jean-sebastien.guay at cm-labs.com
Tue Mar 24 10:09:42 PDT 2009

Hi J.P.,

> What always bothers me is the whole multiple window, multiple context
> thing. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've always thought DirectX caters
> more for the single fullscreen 3D window case (games?). Is this not why
> CAD apps favour OpenGL? If DX can't do multiple windows/contexts nicely
> the wrapper won't be able to fix this. For specific cases the wrapper
> might be OK.

I'm not sure that's accurate. For example, I think some 3D modeling apps
use D3D for their 3D windows, without any problems. There are flags when
creating a DC (device context) that specify whether it should be
fullscreen or use an existing HWND as container. (although it's been a
while since I've done D3D programming, this is only by memory)

J-S
Jean-Sebastien Guay    jean-sebastien.guay at cm-labs.com
                                http://www.cm-labs.com/
                         http://whitestar02.webhop.org/