[osg-users] Performing zooming and other navigations on geocentricvirtual earch?

Paul Martz pmartz at skew-matrix.com
Tue Mar 24 07:14:23 PDT 2009

(Posting this for about the 1000th time...)

Zooming merely changes the field of view without changing the view position.
Think of a photographer changing lenses on a camera without changing his
physical location. You change the projection matrix to change the field of
view, not the modelview matrix.

If you want to move the view position closer to a location, or further away
from a location, then you would change the modelview matrix (Camera view)
for that.

See the OpenGL red book.

Paul Martz
Skew Matrix Software LLC