[osg-users] Build Error on Windows

Mark Sciabica msciabica at itracs.com
Mon Mar 23 14:47:41 PDT 2009

Hi Robert,

Sorry, I thought it would have been clear from my first e-mail. I'll try
again.

FileUtils.cpp in osgDB has this code.

static void appendInstallationLibraryFilePaths(osgDB::FilePathList&
filepath)
{
#ifdef OSG_DEFAULT_LIBRARY_PATH

    // Append the install prefix path to the library search path if
configured
    filepath.push_back(ADDQUOTES(OSG_DEFAULT_LIBRARY_PATH));
#endif
}

osgDB's CMakeLists.txt has this line:

ADD_DEFINITIONS(-DOSG_DEFAULT_LIBRARY_PATH=${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX}/lib${LIB_POSTFIX}/${OSG_PLUGINS})

This means that the install path configured at build time will be
searched for plugins. This does not make sense for prebuilt  binaries
because the install location will likely be different on different
machines. I propose removing the function
appendInstallationLibraryFilePaths, and also the line in CMakeLists
since it is only this function that makes use of it.

Mark