[osg-users] --tile-terrain-size in VPB

Martins Innus minnus at ccr.buffalo.edu
Mon Mar 23 13:17:15 PDT 2009

Robert,
	What fun would it be if people didn't abuse your code :)  I agree that
in general VPB does a great job with default settings, I've used it
several times to generate 100 GB databases over large areas.

	In this case though I'm trying to generate terrain at the resolution of
the source data for a very small area in as few tiles as possible. I
realize this is not the intended purpose, but I was trying to see if
anyone had done this successfully.

	It doesn't seem to be a display issue, becase I can generate the model
with default options and load all the highest resolution tiles directly
into osgviewer and it runs fine, about 4 million vertices.

	Going down to 512x512 causes the same problem.

	I'll keep digging if no one has run into this before.

Martins