[osg-users] Jagged terrain anomaly in vpbmaster(VirtualPlanetBuilder 0.9.9 <- OSG 2.7.4). Has anyone seen this?

Matt McPheeters mmcpheeters at rscusa.com
Mon Mar 23 12:44:41 PDT 2009

Hi Christoper,

gdal 1.6.0 is what we are using.  It is also built in Linux and linked
with vpb.

Funny you ask, because the one weak link in the chain might be
HorizonMap image files that are used as one of the layers in the build.
We use an in-house program that processes geotiff elevation data

and builds special HorizonMap image files that basically stretch the
high peaks at different sun azimuths.  This program might be linked with
an older version of gdal (like 1.4).  These HorizonMaps are used for

one of the layers in the builds.

-Matt