[osg-users] Jagged terrain anomaly in vpbmaster (VirtualPlanetBuilder 0.9.9 <- OSG 2.7.4). Has anyone seen this?

Matt McPheeters mmcpheeters at rscusa.com
Mon Mar 23 12:17:52 PDT 2009

Hi All,

Has anyone seen this strange effect shown in the attached screen
capture?

We are using the vpbmaster program compiled and running on a Linux
2-machine gluster to build 3D visual databases from GEO Tiff imagery and
elevation data.  This error started occurring in OSG 2.6.1 and the
VirtualPlanetBuilder version that goes with 2.6.1.  But it happened
again when we attempted an identical build with OSG 2.7.4 and VPB 0.9.9.

It's really a mystery so I apologize for the vagueness of this inquiry.
Although if someone has seen it and knows what might be causing it, I
can provide more details about command-line parameters, build
environment, and anything else that might be pertinent.

Thanks,
-Matt