[osg-users] --tile-terrain-size in VPB

Robert Osfield robert.osfield at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 10:06:19 PDT 2009

Hi Martins,

Jikes, some days I regret making osgdem quite so flexible...

A 1024x1204 grid weights in at million vertices, and near two million
triangles.  Normally graphics cards should be able to handle this, but... it
would seem that your's doesn't, perhaps it just doesn't have the memory to
handle such a big geometry.  The other chance might be that numerical
precision is becoming an issue, although I'd be surprised by this one.

I really would very strongly recommend that you stick to defaults unless you
really know what you are doing, the defaults are chosen for a good
performance and scalability.

Robert.