[osg-users] FFmpeg plugin

Robert Osfield robert.osfield at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 06:30:41 PDT 2009

Hi Carlos,

What happens when you run:

   osgmovie -e ffmpeg a_video.mpg

Is it still reporting that it can't load the plugin?

I suspect that you are still hitting against the plugin not loading
correctly.  The inflatInit method is still being reported as not found and
this function is from zlib then ffmpeg is built without linking against zlib
which is needs.  Linking against zlib ourselves in our ffmpeg could a
solution.

It's odd that you're having problems wheras others aren't.  What is the
exact spec of your system?

Robert.

2009/3/20 Carlos Sanches <cesmsp at gmail.com>

> ok , now i m using svn version of ffmpeg.
> bow the example runs but the message still apear
>
> I put the the lines in main function of my program::
>
> std::string libName =  osgDB::Registry::instance()->createLibraryNameForExtension("ffmpeg");
> osgDB::Registry::instance()->loadLibrary(libName);
>
> but looks like that its using xine yet .
> and the old error continues.
>

> *** glibc detected *** ./OSG: free(): invalid pointer: 0x0b1f8fc7 ***
> ======= Backtrace: =========
> /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6[0xb73e9a85]
> /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6(cfree+0x90)[0xb73ed4f0]
> /usr/local/lib/osgPlugins-2.9.1/osgdb_xine.so[0xb7f7c823]
> /usr/lib/libxine.so.1[0xb58484d8]
> ======= Memory map: ========
>
> Why my ffmpeg is not in use ?
> I have to modify something in osgDB ?
>

> 2009/3/20 Robert Osfield <robert.osfield at gmail.com>
>
> HI Carlos,
>>
>> Our plugin doesn't contain any inflateInit_ or inflate method of any kind,
>> so the missing sybmol must be coming from ffmpeg itself.  I haven't see this
>> error myself when building from various versions of ffmpeg so perhaps it's
>> version 0.5 that has gone astray.
>>
>> Have a look in ffmpeg itself for the inflateInit_ method.  Another thing
>> you could try is using the svn version of ffmpeg, or the ffmpeg libs pulled
>> down from the Ubuntu repositories.
>>
>> Robert.
>>

>> 2009/3/19 Carlos Sanches <cesmsp at gmail.com>
>>
>>> Ok , I did it .
>>> now I m trying to run de example:
>>>  osgmovie -e ffmpeg
>>>
>>> this error occours
>>>
>>> Warning: dynamic library
>>> '/usr/local/lib/osgPlugins-2.9.1/osgdb_ffmpeg.so' exists, but an error
>>> occurred while trying to open it:
>>> /usr/local/lib/osgPlugins-2.9.1/osgdb_ffmpeg.so: undefined symbol:
>>> inflateInit_
>>> Usage: ./osgmovie [options] filename ...