[osg-users] DoomLike manipulator

Simon Loic simon1lolo at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 15:06:16 PDT 2009

Maybe when I will have finished to implement the GROUNDED/HORIZONTAL mode
you can give it a try and decide which  name best fits. In my concern I
clearly incline towars grounded as the implementation I was about to propose
allows step over small obstacles like stairs.

If you have remarks on the implementation so far, go ahead...

to sukender :
I didn't exacly get your remarks while I'm sure they are founded. Anyway I
think that when I wil have finished to code both mode, things will become
clearer for me and for you.

Get you informed as soon as the manipulator is ready.

> Havig both modes sounds a good idea. In that case,
"FirstPersonManipulator" seems fine for me. Just be sure to:
> - allow the user to set which vector is considered to be "up"
> - allow the user to set the minimum angle between "dir" and "up" (or else
you got rounding errors that
> cause ugly artifacts). Based on experiments, I personnaly used 0.008
(radians; as you can see in the

On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 9:42 PM, Jason Daly <jdaly at ist.ucf.edu> wrote:

> Sukender wrote:
>
>> And about the modes, I would prefer "FREE" and "HORIZONTAL" :)
>>

> My preference would be "GROUNDED" (as in, you stay on the ground) rather
> than "HORIZONTAL."  To me "HORIZONTAL" kind of implies one-dimensional
> motion.
>
> I'm indifferent on "FREE" vs. "GENERAL."
>
> --"J"

Loïc Simon