[osg-users] getDistanceToViewPoint not implemented in osgUtil::IntersectionVisitor

Jason Beverage jasonbeverage at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 06:30:18 PDT 2009

Hi Robert,

I was looking through CullVisitor and trying to get my head around the
difference between the eye point and the viewpoint.  Is the viewpoint stack
is used to deal with internal camera nodes then?  Then the "eye" point is
the main camera's position while the "view" point would be used for
currently executing camera node.  If you don't have any internal camera
nodes, then would the eye point and the viewpoint be equivalent?

Do you think it would make sense to just copy the implemention from
CullVisitor for the viewpoint/eyepoint stack into IntersectionVisitor?

Thanks!

Jason