[osg-users] OSG 2.8.1

Robert Osfield robert.osfield at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 08:04:34 PDT 2009

HI Andy,

2009/3/18 Andy Skinner <Andy.Skinner at mathworks.com>

>  I’ve built the OSG successfully, but it is going to take me longer to
> test it with our software.

Thanks for the testing.  Are you building against OSG-2.8.0 or the OSG-2.8
branch?

> Last time I just built it without updating with our code, and now I’m
> finding that I have to change some of our BoundingSphere code that doesn’t
> compile.  I’ll give feedback on the 2.8.1 as soon as I can.

What problems are you seeing with BoundingSphere code?   The main change was
the introduction of templates to enable use of double and float versions of
BoundingSphere.  The defaults should be the same as before though, i.e.
BoundingSphere -> floating point BoundingSphere.