[osg-users] [osgPlugins] Collada Commands

Robert Osfield robert.osfield at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 02:06:48 PDT 2009

Hi Adam,

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 11:00 PM, Adam Wise <arwise at smcm.edu> wrote:

> DynamicLibrary::failed loading "osgPlugins-2.8.0/osgdb_daed.dll"
> Warning: Could not find plugin to write nodes to file "new.dae".
>
> So it's likely that I didn't build the OSG collada plugin. The closest
> thing I could find to that plugin was osgdb_daed.dll.embed.manifest. Which
> was located in
> C:\OpenSceneGraph-2.8.0\build\src\osgPlugins\dae\osgdb_dae.dir\Debug. It was
> well hidden for the most part. So, just to clarify, using visual studio
> 2008, how would I  build the collada dom library?

Could it be that you've build the debug version of the plugin but the not
the release, or built the debug version of the Collada DOM but not the
release or visa versa?

VisualStudio is one awful pain w.r.t mixing release and debug binaries.
Best thing to do is writing you app in with an operating system that doesn't
throw in really silly issues like this.