[osg-users] [osgPlugins] Collada Commands

Adam Wise arwise at smcm.edu
Tue Mar 17 16:00:50 PDT 2009

rogerjames99 wrote:
> Adam Wise wrote:

> > > That's what I meant...why is it not able to find the plugin? As far as I know, I BUILT the collada package, and viewer in windows. I followed the instructions in the read me. As far as installing it, there were no explicit instructions as to how to do that. Should I create a path to something?
> > >

>  A fairly fundamental check is to see if you have a file osgdb_dae.[dll|so] in the directory where all your other OSG plugins are located. On a recent windows install this will probably be "c:Program FilesOpenSceneGraphbinosgPlugins-2.8.0. If you have not, then you have not built the OSG Collada plugin. The OSG Collada plugin is built as part of the OSG build, it is not part of the Collada DOM library build.
>
> Roger

> Post generated by Mail2Forum

DynamicLibrary::failed loading "osgPlugins-2.8.0/osgdb_daed.dll"
Warning: Could not find plugin to write nodes to file "new.dae".

So it's likely that I didn't build the OSG collada plugin. The closest thing I could find to that plugin was osgdb_daed.dll.embed.manifest. Which was located in C:\OpenSceneGraph-2.8.0\build\src\osgPlugins\dae\osgdb_dae.dir\Debug. It was well hidden for the most part. So, just to clarify, using visual studio 2008, how would I  build the collada dom library?

Read this topic online here: