[osg-users] [osgPlugins] Collada Commands

Robert Osfield robert.osfield at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 10:28:12 PDT 2009

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 5:18 PM, Adam Wise <osgforum at tevs.eu> wrote:

> That's what I meant...why is it not able to find the plugin?

I can't answer that, you have the machine in front of you, you know what
steps you've done to build and install everything.

> As far as I know, I BUILT the collada package, and viewer in windows. I
> followed the instructions in the read me. As far as installing it, there
> were no explicit instructions as to how to do that. Should I create a path
> to something?

The dae plugin should sit alongside the rest of the plugins.  If you are
able to load the flight plugin and the dae plugin sits alongside it is
should load.

To see what it is happening when the OSG tries to load the plugin/files up
the notification level to DEBUG, then watch the console as it looks for the
plugin and tries to load it.  This might give you a hint to what might be
wrong. To up the notify level set the env var OSG_NOTIFY_LEVEL to DEBUG,
then run osgconv in the console.