[osg-users] Forum users rare uses signatures, which is a pain tracking who's who

Art Tevs osgforum at tevs.eu
Tue Mar 17 08:26:15 PDT 2009

Hi folks,

ok, I took a look into email header standards and it seems there exists a solution for our purpose. I could specify in the from header users realname and users real email adress. Although the email will still  be sent from osgforum at tevs.eu, using the "Sender: "  tag in the header. However, I am not sure if mailman (mailing list server) will then let the email through. osgforum at tevs.eu is registered on the mailing list, however users email adress in the "From: " header tag could be not.

Robert, is there any possibility for you to setup the mailman to allow this? So that it filters not only based on the "From: "  header tag, but also on the "Sender: " header tag. If one of them matches, then email should get through.

I will implement and test it tonight in the later hours, when forum isn't visited as much as during the day. If mailman passes the test mails then nothing has to be configured.

cheers,
art

Read this topic online here: