[osg-users] Discontinuous view and loading (readNodeFile)

Robert Osfield robert.osfield at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 06:02:36 PDT 2009

Hi Petr,

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 11:25 AM, petr <osgforum at tevs.eu> wrote:

> q1:
> the "runtime fullscreen view" looks very "snatchy", "non-continuous",
> "cutting"  - I don't know how to describe it  -
> FPS in my scene was about 20, after added these function
> "viewer->setThreadingModel(osgViewer::Viewer::SingleThreaded)" the FS
> increase to 120, and the view is briliant
> A have found example after adding these topic : )

I haven't head of problems like this before.  Have you hand integrated the
osgViewer into your application?  Are you doing your own rendering code that
could be clashing with the OSG?

The threading models that the osgViewer should also improve performance,
even in the worst case you'll get roughly the same performance level.  Very
clearly something is up with how you are doing things.