[osg-users] Forum users rare uses signatures, which is a pain tracking who's who

Art Tevs osgforum at tevs.eu
Mon Mar 16 09:53:01 PDT 2009

Thrall, Bryan wrote:

> It looks like the forum supports signatures; could you just assign a
> default signature based on the user's given Real Name and email? You
> can't force them to give their actual Real Name, but I imagine most
> people wouldn't lie on that, even if they don't use their Real Name for
> their forum ID.

Hi Bryan,

actually printing out an automaticly generated signature wouldn't change anything, because users' real name values are already used in From header of the generated email. Hence if user X does call himself Mister X, then the email heaer looks like this:
From: Mister X <>

Even if there will be now a forced signature the signature can still not give more information that user has given. The signature could look like this:
-----
Forum user: Mister X (X) <>

So the one thing I could add is mister X's used email adress and nothing else, because there is just no more information available.

art

Read this topic online here: