[osg-users] Forum users rare uses signatures, which is a pain tracking who's who

Thrall, Bryan bryan.thrall at flightsafety.com
Mon Mar 16 09:40:20 PDT 2009

Art Tevs wrote on Monday, March 16, 2009 11:24 AM:

> Hi Roland,
>
> yes I can do some adjustments, however the current setup is the most
one can
> take out of the current situtation, I think.
>
> Users are forced to write a real name. Email is sent as: From: Real
Name
> <osgforum at tevs.eu> or if user do change its profile, then it can also
be
> From: Real Name <user at mail.com>
>
> However, as I posted previously, this isn't doable because the
> forum<->mailing list connection doesn't allow more that it does
currently.

> Some investigation and research has to be made, how to solve that
issues.
> Also please don't forgett that to force a user to do something will
never
> work in most of the cases, it has to be done completly automatically.

It looks like the forum supports signatures; could you just assign a
default signature based on the user's given Real Name and email? You
can't force them to give their actual Real Name, but I imagine most
people wouldn't lie on that, even if they don't use their Real Name for
their forum ID.

--
Bryan Thrall
FlightSafety International