[osg-users] osgCal2 releaseGLObjects question

Laurent Di Cesare laurent.dicesare at masagroup.net
Mon Mar 16 05:58:07 PDT 2009

Vladimir Shabanov a écrit :
> 2009/3/10 Laurent Di Cesare <laurent.dicesare at masagroup.net>:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I wonder if there's still support for osgCal2.
>>

> Not much support since I don't use osgCal for some time. I don't read
> osg-users currently (only sometimes search for osgCal questions). If
> you have some questions it's better to CC me for faster answer.
>

>> I'm currently running into a problem where I believe that osgCal may not be
>> doing something right:
>>
>> void
>> HardwareMesh::releaseGLObjects(osg::State* state) const
>> {
>>   osg::Geometry::releaseGLObjects( state );
>>   mesh->displayLists->releaseDisplayLists( state );
>> }
>>

> I didn't find such code in current version, maybe you need to run `svn update`.

Yes, in fact it's a patch we applied ourselves, sorry...
>> The mesh looks like it's a shared object, and releasing its display lists
>> kind of messes with the other instances of the same model.
>>

> Mesh display lists would be recreated, but I didn't tested osgCal
> behaviour in case of viewer restarts.

The underlying problem is documented here:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1871805&group_id=79240&atid=555954
If I destroy an animated mesh and create a new one, I get black pixels
instead of my character's texture. This doesn't happen if another
character with the same mesh exists, so there is a problem with the
sharing of a model. If it is reused, the displaylists may not be cleaned
properly but I'm not sure what exactly goes wrong. I think cleaning the
displaylists of the mesh if the mesh is not shared by anyone else should
work, but the destructors get called too late for some reason.