[osg-users] Getting latitude, longitude and height values from geocentric blue marble layer???

Robert Osfield robert.osfield at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 03:08:57 PDT 2009

Hi Nalika?  Please sign with your name so that others can know who to
address.

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 9:46 AM, nalika <osgforum at tevs.eu> wrote:

> I generated blue marble layer with --geocentric option to get spherical
> view of the
> virtual planet earth. I don't know how and from where to extract latitude,
> longitude and height values on mouse move?

The geocentric VPB databases have a osg::CoordianteSystemNode at the root of
the scene graph that has the osg::ElliposodModel for the databases, you can
use this to convert XYZ values into lat,long and height values.  You can get
the XYZ values be intersecting the scene using a ray intersection.  See
osgpick for how to do the interesection.