[osg-users] ProxyNode and output to .IVE

Brian R Hill bhill22 at csc.com
Fri Mar 13 06:03:53 PDT 2009

Steven,

I use PagedLOD for this.

Brian

delivery.
purpose. •

-----osg-users-bounces at lists.openscenegraph.org wrote: -----

To: osg-users at lists.openscenegraph.org
From: "Steven Saunderson" <osgforum at tevs.eu>
Sent by: osg-users-bounces at lists.openscenegraph.org
Date: 03/13/2009 12:34AM
Subject: [osg-users] ProxyNode and output to .IVE

I'm generating a scene and writing it to disk for later use.  I wish to
import some sub-scenes (IVE files) at run-time.  To achieve this I'm using
ProxyNodes specifying the sub-scene filename.

One problem is that the full filename is stored in the OSG file I generate
but not the IVE file.  If I split the filename into path and name and use
setDatabasePath the path is not written to the IVE or OSG output files.

The second problem is that when I generate the IVE file the plugin creates
a dummy file with the filename of the file I wish to import.  This dummy
file overwrites the sub-scene file.

Is ProxyNode the proper tool for this job ?  Any suggestions or
alternatives will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-- Steven Saunderson

Read this topic online here: