[osg-users] tire Skid Marks

Ulrich Hertlein u.hertlein at sandbox.de
Thu Mar 12 18:44:44 PDT 2009

On 13/3/09 3:30 AM, Claudio Arduino wrote:
> Hi, I need to place tire skid mark on track surface when my car brake.
> the mark must to remain on the track for the lifetime of application.
> How i can make this?

The way I once did it was just polygons splatted onto the ground geometry (using
intersection testing).  Not ideal but it looked quite nice (you have to make sure it's
always drawn on top).

But you definitively don't want to keep them around forever, they can quickly add up.
What I did was use a fixed number and always recycle the oldest.

Cheers,
/ulrich