[osg-users] Mouse events are default in OpenScenegraph

Robert Osfield robert.osfield at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 08:52:20 PDT 2009

Hi Rajesh? Please sign with your name so we know who to address,

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 3:37 PM, Rajesh.R <osgforum at tevs.eu> wrote:
> Does openscenegraph handles mouse motion events by default? Even when I am commenting  the mouse handlers in the OpenSceneGraph samples, scene is still accepting the mouse events.

Ooo hard to parse text, but could it be that you mean that the
trackball manipulator works even if non camera manipulator has been
explictly added to the viewer?  If so then the Viewer::run() method
does attach a TrackballManipulator if nothing else has been set for
the viewer, otherwise the standard viewer would not do anything.

If you don't call the convenience function viewer.run() then you won't
get this default addition, such as by writing the frame loop yourself.
 Please go read the src/osgViewer/Viewer.cpp source code to see how
run() and frame() are implemented.