[osg-users] [3rdparty] osgCuda: Using CUDA in osg - Problem with Threading

Robert Osfield robert.osfield at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 08:48:21 PDT 2009

Hi Mick,

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 2:51 PM, Mick <mick.svt at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Oh, we did not know... We chose the name "pipe" because the part which
> runs on the GPU based on CUDA, for example, is organized more in a
> pipeline structure than in a graph-structure.
>
> Right now seems to be a good time to change the name to something else
> since we didn't release it to the public so far.
>
> What would you prefer? We suggest: osgGPP (general purpose processing)
> It could also be the base for OpenCL. What do you think?

I'm inclined towards being longer more informative in names, so
osgAudio rather than osgAL, osgAnimation rather than osgAnimtk etc.
osgGPP is rather cryptic.  As OpenCL is becoming the standard then
perhaps it's label  of "Open Computing Language" might be a guide.
With this in mind - osgCompute?  osgComputation?

Thoughts for the community??

> Done - I already posted it to the osg-submissions list.

Thanks will be doing another osg-submissions review right after having
a tea break!