[osg-users] JavaOsg

Rafa Gaitan rafa.gaitan at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 05:33:48 PDT 2009

Hi Gerrick,

They are hand written, and is not complete of course, only the parts that
we need for the project, but you can do many things using them.

About osgswig, I was thinking in use it, but is best supported for python
(even swig has better support for python). But of course could be a good
solution.

We have a collegue (Leo Muñoz) working on a solution using osgIntrospection.
The project
is called osgGenerator and the idea is create a (nodekit) to generate
wrappers for other
languages using osgIntrospection. It's his final degree project so I hope he
finish it in a
few months. He is working of course in the nodekit and in a java generator.

The project it's in his infancy but could be a usefull nodekit. the svn url
is:

svn co http://corsario.codemaniacs.com/osggenerator/trunk

We are updating license to OSGPL license.

Greetz,
Rafa.

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 2:26 PM, Gerrick Bivins <gbivins at objectreservoir.com
> wrote:

>  Hi Rafa,
> I just took a quick look @osgvp. How much of osg is actually wrapped in
> java with osgvp? Is it auto-gen (via swig or something) or are the wrappers
> hand written/maintained?
> I ask because it would be useful to have java wrapping functionality in osg
> (IMHO) and I’ve had a heck of a time trying to get osgswig to generate the
> wrappers for me and have them work cross platform.
>
> Gerrick
>

> On 3/11/09 1:51 AM, "Rafa Gaitan" <rafa.gaitan at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Rafael,
>
> I'm not sure but I think JavaOSG does not continue active.. anyway I think
> the problem could be related to:
>   Texture2D myTexture = new Texture2D();
>    myTexture= null;

>    Image img = new Image();
>     img =null;
>
> If you do a "new" and after you set the variable to "null". Probably will
> not work...
>
> Rafa.
>
> PS. Did you try osgvp? (https://gvsig.org/web/projects/gvsig-commons/osgvp
> )
> trunk version works with osg 2.8.0.
>

> On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 11:36 PM, Rafael <osgforum at tevs.eu> wrote:
>
> hi i use javaOsg and i have been trying to load a texture in a model but
> there are problems with setImage(Image image)
>
> Texture2D myTexture = new Texture2D();
>         myTexture= null;
>         try{
>             myTexture.setDataVariance(OBJECTDataVariance.DYNAMIC);
>         }
>         catch(Exception e){
>             //System.out.println(e.getStackTrace());
>             System.out.println("Couldn't load a texture");
>         }
>         Geode myGeode = new Geode();
>         Image img = new Image();
>         img =null;
>         img = openscenegraph.osgDB.osgDBNamespace.
>                 readImageFile("C:/...jpg");
>

>             myTexture.setImage(img);
>
>  ples if someone have a solution to this problem helpme, thanks

> Read this topic online here:

Rafael Gaitán Linares
Instituto de Automática e Informática Industrial  http://www.ai2.upv.es
Ciudad Politécnica de la Innovación