[osg-users] Bug in RenderBin (?)

Robert Osfield robert.osfield at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 04:34:42 PDT 2009

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 11:20 AM, Paul Melis <paul at science.uva.nl> wrote:
> What was the use case for the bin names again? I mean, as there are already
> bin numbers that uniquely identify a bin are the names merely descriptive?

The bin number controls the high level ordering, but the RenderBin
itself provides the control of the sorting and traversal - so the fine
grained ordering.  The scene graph's StateSet::RenderBin details
contains the bin number and renderbin prototype name that is used to
decide how which RenderBin prototype to go clone for the rendering
backend to implement what the scene graph requests.