[osg-users] order independent transparency (OIT) and OSG

Mathias Fröhlich M.Froehlich at science-computing.de
Thu Mar 12 02:55:17 PDT 2009

Hi,

On Thursday 12 March 2009 00:12, Andrew wrote:
> I was wondering if OIT (order independent transparency) as mentioned in
> this presentation about OIT and OSG has been implemented or made
> available...
>
> http://www.slideshare.net/acbess/order-independent-transparency-presentatio
Not that I know of.

There is that depthpeeling example Robert mentioned, but that does not work
like expected. The way this example utilizes the depth test is very clumsy
and unportable. You should use shadow samplers for that purpose.

I have something in the works here to implement depthpeeling in some way with
our osg based application. I will, once this is ready, provide my test
programs to Robert ....

Greetings

Mathias

--
Dr. Mathias Fröhlich, science + computing ag, Software Solutions
Hagellocher Weg 71-75, D-72070 Tuebingen, Germany