[osg-users] Release schedule for OpenSceneGraph-2.8.1

Jean-Sébastien Guay jean-sebastien.guay at cm-labs.com
Wed Mar 11 06:46:53 PDT 2009

Hi Robert,

> A couple of factors are at
> play - one we all have our own work to get on with and testing release
> candidates is a pain... it takes time and effort out of already full
> schedules, so we'll want to avoid a drawn out testing period and we'll
> also want to pick a period when developers are available to put time
> into such a release effort.

On this subject, as I said in another thread, this week is pretty bad
for me. Next week is a bit better if you want to get 2.8.1 out before
the end of the month. I should be able to get in some testing next week.

> perhaps the first step would be for members of the community to set up
> nightly builds for the OSG-2.8 once again so we can study how the code
> base is standing.

My nightly build is still running every night around midnight, machine
is WHITESTAR. It builds from SVN, and is still succeeding too, it seems,
since 2.8.

> I can't do releases without community support though, so I'd very much
> like feedback from the community on when you feel you might have time
> available to help out test and what items you might see as priorities.

I'm always willing to help test, time is tight this week but I will help
as I can.

J-S
Jean-Sebastien Guay    jean-sebastien.guay at cm-labs.com
                                http://www.cm-labs.com/