[osg-users] Strange setImage behaviour

Robert Osfield robert.osfield at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 03:21:59 PDT 2009

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 9:58 AM, David Spilling
<david.spilling at gmail.com> wrote:
> So for internalTextureFormat, 3, GL_RGB and GL_RGB8 are all equivalent?

The internalFormat comes from our use of glTexImage*D, so the OpenGL
docs for glTexImage2D are very useful:

http://www.opengl.org/documentation/specs/man_pages/hardcopy/GL/html/gl/teximage2d.html

> What conversion takes place in the driver if sourceFormat is (say) GL_RGB8
> and the internalTextureFormat is GL_RGB32F?

No mention of GL_RGB32F in the above docs though....  but this is
rather a late addition to the family, so you'd probably have to look
at OpenGL extension registry or OpenGL 2.x/3.0 docs for an answer.