[osg-users] Strange setImage behaviour

David Spilling david.spilling at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 02:58:22 PDT 2009

Robert,

Not that I want to hijack the thread, but a small (more OpenGL) question on
this area, as it has always confused me:

The internalTextureFormat is the pixel type when stored down on the
> GPU.  Typically it's be GL_RGB, or just 3 (number of components) for
> RGB data.  Both the internalTextureFormat and pixelFormat are provided
> as sometimes you want the driver to change the data type on download
> or pack it differently, for instance the source image might be packed
> as GL_BGR.

So for internalTextureFormat, 3, GL_RGB and GL_RGB8 are all equivalent?

What conversion takes place in the driver if sourceFormat is (say) GL_RGB8
and the internalTextureFormat is GL_RGB32F?

Thanks,

David