[osg-users] [forum] Can't attach header files

Art Tevs osgforum at tevs.eu
Wed Mar 11 02:40:37 PDT 2009

Hi Martin,

this is not a bug this is a feature ;)

The default phpBB2 forum software doesn't allow to add a new file type with no extensions to allowed type of attachments The only way to overcome this issue is to use the workaround proposed by Roland. However non-forum users could not follow this strategy always, and hence their emails are get blocked whenever they post a file with no extension. Which is somehow bad.

Hence I would like to remove this limitation/feature out of the forum, but only as soon as I have time for this. I hope I could manage to get time for this next week. If you are familar with phpBB2 and Attachment MOD, then let me know how to solve it otherwise be patient ;)

cheers,
art

Read this topic online here: