[osg-users] Simple question: How to set the icon that will be used when a viewer is realized?

Robert Osfield robert.osfield at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 02:32:00 PDT 2009

2009/3/11 Guy <guy at dvp.co.il>:

> Robert,
>  I'm probably stating the obvious, but besides Matt changes I guess icon loading implementation for each of the platforms except windows will be required too.

Yes it will, but the first step is to get an interface defined, then
implementations can follow after.

It's a while since I tried to set the icon on a window on any platform
so I'll have to do trawling the web to spot how to do it under X11, it
shouldn't be too difficult though.  The only awkward part might be the
definition of the icon, a path string is obviously portable, but it
might be that this won't map directly to how various OS's handle it.
I'm open to suggestions on how best to get different platforms
working. Ideally we'd have one standard way for all platforms.