[osg-users] "Robust" Update of an osg::Image attached to a osg::camera ?

Robert Osfield robert.osfield at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 06:00:11 PDT 2009

Hi Erwan,

You don't provide enough information about your setup for us to guess
what might be wrong.  How are you setting up your scene + viewer to
render to the image?  Is your rendering just for the purpose of
generating an osg::Image as output?  How you are testing the results
of the image?  What threading model have you used?

As a general note, can you do the processing in shaders instead on the
CPU?  Avoiding the readback from the GPU to main memory can be a big
save in performance.

Robert.