[osg-users] osg+QT MODKEY How to

Dieter Pfeffer dieter.pfeffer at nl.thalesgroup.com
Mon Mar 9 01:33:49 PDT 2009

Hi Legeo

I had a similar problem - using osg, qt4 and the AdapterWidget example.

In AdapterWidget::keypressEvent (...)
osgGA::GUIEventAdapter::KeySymbol) * (event->text().toAscii().data() returns
0 in the call
_gw->getEventQueue()->keyPress( (... ) )  for keys like:

Qt::Key_up ... Have a look at the Qt documentation Qt::Key.

I have managed it with:

int c = *event->text().toAscii().data();

if ( c == 0)

{

switch (event->key())

{

case Qt::Key_PageDown:

_gw->getEventQueue()->keyPress(
osgGA::GUIEventAdapter::KeySymbol::KEY_Page_Down );

break;

case Qt::Key_PageUp:

_gw->getEventQueue()->keyPress(
osgGA::GUIEventAdapter::KeySymbol::KEY_Page_Up );

break;

case Qt::Key_Up:

_gw->getEventQueue()->keyPress( osgGA::GUIEventAdapter::KEY_Up);

break;

}

}
else
_gw->getEventQueue()->keyPress( (osgGA::GUIEventAdapter::KeySymbol) *
(event->text().toAscii().data() ) );

There might be a better solution but it works.

Dieter

Unclassified Mail