[osg-users] Animated HeightField

Robert Osfield robert.osfield at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 03:45:54 PDT 2009

Hi Guivanni,

You don't say how you are rendering your HeightField.  Using
osgTerrain, using osg::ShadeDrawable, using a hand built
osg::Geometry.  For the later two call dirtyDisplayList() will force
an update, you'll also need a dirtyBound().

As a general note, for dynamic height fields I would use vertex shader
as a VBO containing the height field data and then create the offset
in a vertex program.  Or... use a Texture attached to the vertex
program.

Robert.