[osg-users] Animated HeightField

Ulrich Hertlein u.hertlein at sandbox.de
Sat Mar 7 17:17:40 PST 2009

Hi Giovanni,

On 8/3/09 1:56 AM, Giovanni wrote:
> I want to build an animated HeightField (Heights of certain cells changes during the
> execution). I try with a callback that modify the heights ( with setHeight()
> function). The data are modify but the shape no. I tried to set the data variance ad
> dynamic but doesent't work.

It's probably the display list not being updated.  You have to explicitly dirty it after
updating the data using dirtyDisplayList() or turn it of altogether if you're doing a lot
of updates..

Also be aware that HeightField isn't optimal for this kind of application and won't give
you the best performance.

Cheers,
/ulrich