[osg-users] Help with adding a player model

Robert Osfield robert.osfield at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 08:55:44 PST 2009

Hi Mark,

On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 4:34 PM, Mark Yantek <myantek at rscusa.com> wrote:
> I would like to "an object in the scene to the follow the viewer's
> master camera", like in a Jet flight simulator.

I don't know of tutorial to point you at that specifically does this,
even with the extra info above it still doesn't provide enough info
about exactly what you are doing/expecting.

Typically an application that is controlling the camera will know
where the viewer camera is, as it'll be controlling it, unless your
app is simply reusing the standard viewer CameraManipulator.  How are
you controlling the viewer's master camera in your app?

What you say follow, what exactly do you mean?  Do you mean a ground
based Camera that follows the main viewpoint around?   Do you mean a
cockpit that is rendered around the viewer?  Do you mean a chase
plane?