[osg-users] photos to be displayed in sequence

Robert Osfield robert.osfield at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 00:53:00 PST 2009

HI Salvatore,

Basic maths tells us that you won't be able to fit all these photo's
in memory.  The only way you could do it is to page them.
osg::ImageSequence does support paging, so add the filename rather
than the image.

Next up, tga won't be the best format for paging.  A movie format
would be better, for instance you could convert the data using
something like ffmpeg, rendering to a format such as h264 or ogg, then
just use one of the OSG's movie reading plugins to read it.

Robert.