[osg-users] Float textures seem to be clamped in GLSL

J.P. Delport jpdelport at csir.co.za
Thu Mar 5 07:39:28 PST 2009

Hi,

Thrall, Bryan wrote:
> Brian R Hill wrote on Wednesday, March 04, 2009 5:41 PM:
>> // disable clamping
>> osg::ClampColor* clamp = new osg::ClampColor();
>> clamp->setClampVertexColor(GL_FALSE);
>> clamp->setClampFragmentColor(GL_FALSE);
>> clamp->setClampReadColor(GL_FALSE);
>> scene->getOrCreateStateSet()->setAttribute(clamp,
> osg::StateAttribute::ON |
>> osg::StateAttribute::OVERRIDE);
>
> I am sad to report that that doesn't work either :(
>> Is there something I'm doing wrong with osg::TransferFunction1D, or is
>> my understanding wrong?

I'm not familiar with osg::TransferFunction1D, but I'm sure that float
texture data can reach shaders without clamping, we use it all the time.

I'd suggest creating an osg::Image that is attached to a texture and see
if the values then work properly, you can modify the image data
directly. Have a look at the osgprerender example when the options --hdr
and --image are enabled. There are e.g. negative values in the image.

jp