[osg-users] osgViewer::GraphicsWindowWin32 stack overflow crash

Peter Amstutz peter.amstutz at tseboston.com
Wed Mar 4 11:15:20 PST 2009

Well, the reason why I was ask if this is a bug is that I don't quite
understand how it could possibly work correctly for the case that the
native window is not "owned" by GraphicsWindowWin32.  The code very
deliberately sets up a situation the allows infinite recursion to occur
as I described in my previous email, so either I'm missing the
intention, there's something funny about the way I'm using it, or this
is an actual problem.  Perhaps using osg as a user control embedded in a
larger application is not typical usage compared to single window or
full screen?  My desire for GraphicsWindowWin32 to work a bit
differently (or at least be able to work around it) has more to do with
not having the program crash than any strong opinion about what the
"right" way it is.

Thanks,
Peter