[osg-users] OpenThreads : which config for win32 VC7 ?

David Callu ledocc at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 10:45:54 PST 2009

Hi Fabien

_OPENTHREADS_ATOMIC_USE_MUTEX is the default configuration. It use a mutex
to lock osg::Referenced instance for multi threaded access.
_OPENTHREADS_ATOMIC_USE_WIN32_INTERLOCKED is only use if compilator support
it. When you run cmake to configure the project, a test is done to determine
if _OPENTHREADS_ATOMIC_USE_WIN32_INTERLOCKED can be used.

It seem that VC7 didn't support it.

HTH
David Callu