[osg-users] osgViewer::GraphicsWindowWin32 stack overflow crash

Robert Osfield robert.osfield at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 10:36:50 PST 2009

Hi Peter,

Something not working in the way you'd like it to work isn't what I'd
class as a bug, rather it's a wish list item.

In terms of making classes more flexible so it can be used in the way
you want to use it, please feel free to suggest amendments so that
others can review them and comment. FYI, hints about setup can be
passed via the GraphicsContext::Traits class, this could be explanded
to tell the window setup code in GraphicsWindowWin32 to do things
differently.  Another aspect to osgViewer is that you can inject
custom events into the viewer  by calling the windows
osgGA::EventQueue directly, I don't know if this is relevant in this
case though as I'm not familiar with the GraphicsWindowWin32.cpp.

Hopefully others with experience of working with
GraphicsWindowWin32.cpp window inheritance can chip in.

Robert.