[osg-users] ffmpeg plugin on OS X / DarwinPorts

Ulrich Hertlein u.hertlein at sandbox.de
Wed Mar 4 05:08:46 PST 2009

On 4/3/09 11:10 PM, Robert Osfield wrote:
> Great news.  I'll go have a look at the inversion issue.
>
> What happens when you run:
>
> osgmovie -e ffmpeg aliensong.mpg

It's right-side up and playing nicely.
(The aspect ratio isn't always right and lots of 'Using sws_scale' messages but that's not
a plugin problem.)

> However I am getting a black band on the right hand side of the image
> when swscale code path is used and poorer visual quality.

I don't get black bands (maybe line padding?) and the quality looks good, even for HD
resolution (well, 720p).

(Man, that puts me back 10yr or so playing with DIVO and Performer, playing back video
over six pipes :-D

Cheers!
/ulrich