[osg-users] ffmpeg plugin on OS X / DarwinPorts

Robert Osfield robert.osfield at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 04:10:10 PST 2009

Hi Ulrich,

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 11:34 AM, Ulrich Hertlein <u.hertlein at sandbox.de> wrote:
> Success!
>
> It compiles!  And runs (with "osgviewer --movie -e ffmpeg aliensong.mpg")!!!
> Okay, it's upside down but hey!

Great news.  I'll go have a look at the inversion issue.

What happens when you run:

osgmovie -e ffmpeg aliensong.mpg

> The #else path in FFmpegDecoderVideo::convert() should call img_convert(),
> not convert() which would lead to recursion which would lead to recursion
> which would...

Already fixed this.  I've been testing 3 different revisions of ffmpeg
and got both swscale and img_convert paths working out the box.
However I am getting a black band on the right hand side of the image
when swscale code path is used and poorer visual quality.