[osg-users] ffmpeg plugin on OS X / DarwinPorts

Ulrich Hertlein u.hertlein at sandbox.de
Tue Mar 3 23:59:44 PST 2009

Hi Robert,

On 4/3/09 12:37 AM, Robert Osfield wrote:
>> Undefined symbols:
>>   "_img_convert", referenced from:
>>       osgFFmpeg::FFmpegDecoderVideo::yuva420pToRgba(AVPicture*, AVPicture
>> const*, int, int)in FFmpegDecoderVideo.cpp.o
>
> Not quite familiar.  The code uses img_convert rather than
> _img_convert so I'm curious where this one has been introduced.
> Perhaps your ffmpeg plugin maps img_convert to _img_convert in some
> way, but doesn't implement the later.
>
> Can you check to see if your ffmpeg headers contain img_convert?

The header file contains

#if LIBAVCODEC_VERSION_INT < ((52<<16)+(0<<8)+0)
attribute_deprecated int img_convert(AVPicture *dst, int dst_pix_fmt,
                 const AVPicture *src, int pix_fmt,
                 int width, int height);
#endif

I believe the '_' prefix is added to all exported functions in a library, it certainly
looks that way.

It seems like 'img_convert' (and img_resample and others which also are in a similar #if
LAVC_VERSION_INT block) is just not in libavcodec... I'm investigating that.

Cheers,
/ulrich