[osg-users] [build] make : crash on FFmpegClocks.hpp while compiling OSG-dev

Robert Osfield robert.osfield at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 06:14:28 PST 2009

HI David,

So this is a build error, not an actual program crash.  In future
could you refer to errors like this as build errors as it'll make it
easier for us to track the different types of problems.

While I don't understand the language the errors were in my guess is
that the headers files haven't been found for some reason.  One
weakness of FFmpeg is that it's packaged quite different across
platforms, placing headers in different directories etc.  This makes
it quite hardwork for second guess what all the different combinations
might be.

Today I've added a few more include directories into the checks, so
could you do an svn update and see if that fixes the problem.  If it
doesn't  the could you post where abouts your ffmpeg package has it's
headers installed.

Cheers,
Robert.