[osg-users] ffmpeg plugin on OS X / DarwinPorts

Ulrich Hertlein u.hertlein at sandbox.de
Tue Mar 3 02:25:23 PST 2009

Hi Robert,

On 3/3/09 8:50 PM, Robert Osfield wrote:
>> it appears that the required #include (in FFmpegHeaders.hpp) would be:
>> #include <ffmpeg/avformat.h>
>>
>> rather than what it is now:
>> #include v<avformat.h>
>>
>> Can we change that without breaking compiles on other systems?
>
> This change would break other systems as they don't have all have the
> ffmpeg prefix.  When I have built ffmpeg from source the ffmpeg prefix
> Could you do an svn update and see if this addition helps things.

Yup.  That solves the #include <avformat.h> problem.

What I'm currently looking at is 'undeclared INT64_C' in 'FFmpegDecoderVideo.cpp' which is
caused by some header including stdint.h without '#define __STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS'.

I can solve this by including 'FFmpegHeaders.hpp' first thing in 'FFmpegDecoderVideo.hpp'
(see attachment).  Does that work on Linux?

After that it's the missing libpath to find libavformat and friends.  I've added some code
to 'FindFFmpeg.cmake' to extract the library directories but have now idea yet how to tell
cmake to use that path in src/osgPlugin/ffmpeg/CMakeFiles ...

Cheers,
/ulrich