[osg-users] Set resize NPOT hint -- add to osgUtil Optimizer?

Paul Martz pmartz at skew-matrix.com
Mon Mar 2 18:09:23 PST 2009

Hi J-S -- I'm having some second thoughts on this.

If I understand correctly (I've heard this, but I haven't confirmed it in
the OpenGL spec), using NPOT textures turns off hardware mipmapping; mipmaps
must be created on the host, or not used at all. Is that correct?

If so, I'll likely suggest an alternative to my client, which would be a
NodeVisitor that resizes any NPOT textures to a power of 2. Maybe this is
another candidate for being added to the Optimizer?

Let me know what you think.

Paul Martz
Skew Matrix Software LLC
http://www.skew-matrix.com